Re: informal translator survey

Dana Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:39:10 +0100, Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> napisali ste:

Some random questions...

1) Would you, as a translator, be OK with having to use git, mercurial,
   subversion, or cvs, depending on which app you're translating?

svn or cvs

2) Would you, as a translator, be OK with doing all translating through
   a web-based application?

Absolutely NOT! translating offline is the only way I have acces to spellchecker, translations database and cross-checking with references. Also, I can work on translation even if my Internet connection is broken (common thing in my country). And, I do not like to use web-browsers for work - browsers are for browsing. For translating jobs I use translation apps.

Instead of this effor I suggest adding a POT column into language progress list.

Best regards
Renato

Bill