Re: informal translator survey

From: Renato Pavičić <repavici globalnet hr>
Some random questions...

1) Would you, as a translator, be OK with having to use git, mercurial,
   subversion, or cvs, depending on which app you're translating?

svn or cvs

And an option to download only the file needed when checking out, instead of the whole project.

2) Would you, as a translator, be OK with doing all translating through
   a web-based application?

Absolutely NOT! translating offline is the only way I have acces to spellchecker, translations database and cross-checking with references. Also, I can work on translation even if my Internet connection is broken (common thing in my country). And, I do not like to use web-browsers for work - browsers are for browsing. For translating jobs I use translation apps.

The same to me.
I usually work offline. And sometimes my internet connection does not work fine.
So, a web-based application would not be useful for me.

Domingo Becker

Visita MSN Latino Entretenimiento: ¡música, cine, chismes, TV y más...! http://latino.msn.com/entretenimiento/