Re: informal translator survey

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Some random questions...

1) Would you, as a translator, be OK with having to use git, mercurial,
   subversion, or cvs, depending on which app you're translating?

I prefer using single system, subversion is highly preferred. In my opinion, cross SCM should be handled on the server side, where it is more accessible to administrators, and less problem to the translators.

I'm sure there is a way to cross import various SCM repository to subversion. If not, then the next logical, forward thinking way is to have a standard way to store SCM data, so that it is accessible to various SCM out there.

2) Would you, as a translator, be OK with doing all translating through
   a web-based application?

Yes, and no.

Yes, if it can help improve the participation of new translators.

No, because I prefer doing it the current way, by updating the source via CVS, translating it, then committing it to the repository.

Web application is not a blanket solution to all problem.

Bill