Self-introduction: Stepan Kasal

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 12:32:03 UTC 2007

2007/7/24, Stepan Kasal <skasal at redhat.com>:
> Hello,
>   my name is Stepan Kasal.  I'm going to maintain the specspo
> package, which is a collection of descriptions and summaries of all
> Fedora rpm.

Hello Stepan,
Welcome to this list.

> Though cs_CZ is my mother locale, and the prevailing one in
> real-life, I use LANG=C in my computer life.  But don't take me
> wrong: I recongnize that the translation work is important, and that
> it is invaluable for many peoples.

This is true.
But it seems translations are only available when installing Fedora.
It would be nice to have them in our own language in a web page like
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/6/i386/repoview/index.html
It would also be great to have them used in pirut. It currently shows
me the english version for my F6 install, and desc and summary are
fully translated to spanish.
It would ease the work of search for a package for people who do not
read english very well.
Otherwise, it seems useless to have such a large amount of strings
translated when they will only be used for installing, and the
installer goes so fast that you can't read them.

Well. It's just a wish.

Kind regards
DomingoBecker (es)