Pikloops localization

Christian Rose menthos at menthos.com
Thu Jul 19 15:08:27 UTC 2007

On 7/19/07, Alain PORTAL <aportal at univ-montp2.fr> wrote:
> Le Thursday 19 July 2007 15:58:31 Magnus Larsson, vous avez écrit:
> > Sorry if I don't understand, but what does this have to do with Fedora?
>
> PikLoops is in the Fedora repository and I request for translators.
> Where is the problem?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but PiKLoops
(http://pikloops.tripod.com/) seems to be a KDE application aimed at a
very specific purpose; generating assembly time delays. It does not
seem connected to any Fedora or Red Hat tools in any obvious way.
Thus, I think that Magnus' question is very relevant.

There are other translation projects that are specifically targeted at
offering a generic translation infrastructure for software projects,
like for example the Translation Project
(http://translationproject.org/). Does the Fedora Localization Project
need to duplicate that effort? I personally think that it would be
better if the FLP focused on what's relevant to most of its
volunteers, namely translating tools and applications that are in some
obvious way related to Fedora (and Red Hat). That would for example
make it easier for translators to focus on translating the relevant
stuff in order to get Fedora completely translated.

Christian