Pikloops localization

Alain PORTAL aportal at univ-montp2.fr
Thu Jul 19 16:38:45 UTC 2007

You don't need to CC me, I'm a subscriber to the list.
And I don't think CC the original author of Pikloops can help because he never
answer me when I intended to improve the program and add the french
translation.

Le Thursday 19 July 2007 17:08:27 Christian Rose, vous avez écrit :
> On 7/19/07, Alain PORTAL <aportal at univ-montp2.fr> wrote:
> > Le Thursday 19 July 2007 15:58:31 Magnus Larsson, vous avez écrit:
> > > Sorry if I don't understand, but what does this have to do with Fedora?
> >
> > PikLoops is in the Fedora repository and I request for translators.
> > Where is the problem?
>
> Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but PiKLoops
> (http://pikloops.tripod.com/) seems to be a KDE application aimed at a
> very specific purpose; generating assembly time delays.

Yes it is.

> It does not
> seem connected to any Fedora or Red Hat tools in any obvious way.

I never said that!

> Thus, I think that Magnus' question is very relevant.

I'm not sure, I just ask for translators.

> There are other translation projects that are specifically targeted at
> offering a generic translation infrastructure for software projects,
> like for example the Translation Project
> (http://translationproject.org/).

Translation effort loose several french translators because FSF didn't answer
to the DISCLAIMER sent since near one year...

> Does the Fedora Localization Project
> need to duplicate that effort?

I NEVER ask the FLP to manage PikLoops translation!
I JUST ask for translators.

Is the list too flooded that I can't request for help?

> I personally think that it would be
> better if the FLP focused on what's relevant to most of its
> volunteers, namely translating tools and applications that are in some
> obvious way related to Fedora (and Red Hat). That would for example
> make it easier for translators to focus on translating the relevant
> stuff in order to get Fedora completely translated.

Translators can do what they want!
For the french team, I'm in charge of anaconda, apacheconf, authconfig,
autorun, firsboot, hwbrowser, initscripts, kudzu, libuser, switchdesk and ALL
the system-* tools.
And I can find time, because I want it, to do or maintain some translations in
other program, and the new FLP website also.
And of course, the LDP french man pages.

So, let translators decide what they want to do.

I just asked "I need translators"
Hope a french people could translate the following : « Il n'y a pas de quoi en
faire un fromage »

Regards,
Alain
--