Modules missing in i18n.redhat.com

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Fri Jul 20 11:39:02 UTC 2007

Florian La Roche kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika perjantai, 20. heinäkuu
2007 13:02:41):
> I think for offering branches and then also translations for branches,
> we should prefer git or cvs repos as upstream repos. Or is this also
> fully supported with hg?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the developers are now free to choose any version
control system that the infrastructure team supports. That includes cvs, svn,
git and hg, maybe bazaar too, I'm not sure.

If by "us" you mean the translation project, the decision of which VCS to use
is not really ours to make. It's the developers choice and transifex is
designed to save us translators from the work of handling all these VCSs
ourselves. It will give us a centralized place to fetch and commit files once
it's done.

Dimitris is probably the right person to answer your question about branch
handling. Haven't we translated for the next release or next package version
to come so far? I think keeping it that way would be simpler than having us
handle many branches for all modules etc.

I don't know git myself, but hg does also support multiple branches in a
single repository.

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio
vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi