Self-introduction: Stepan Kasal

Stepan Kasal skasal at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 10:28:48 UTC 2007

Hello,
  my name is Stepan Kasal.  I'm going to maintain the specspo
package, which is a collection of descriptions and summaries of all
Fedora rpm.

Though cs_CZ is my mother locale, and the prevailing one in
real-life, I use LANG=C in my computer life.  But don't take me
wrong: I recongnize that the translation work is important, and that
it is invaluable for many peoples.

I'd like to understand how the translation work look like, so that I
can avoid mistakes which would unnecessarily complicate your life.

With the merged Fedora, the size of specspo is going grow by a factor
of about 3.  (specspo contained only descriptions of Core pkgs
previously.)  Is it still adequate to have all the descriptions in
one big domain?

A need might arise for branches.  For example, Fedora 7 Updates would
publish and updated descriptions of packages, which the HEAD branch
would be heading towards F8.  If that were to be handled, how should
that be done?  (Module anaconda displays several branches, are they
really in use?)

See you in 30 minutes, I plan to visit the l10n irc mtg today.

Have a nice day,
	Stepan Kasal