What's the future for translation inside the FP ?

Miloš Komarčević kmilos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 14:42:00 UTC 2007

On 6/8/07, Alain PORTAL <aportal at univ-montp2.fr> wrote:
> Hi Xavier,

> > > This has been discussed for long.  The problem here, from what I heard,
> > > is that CVS doesn't support symlinks.  Does anyone know how to solve
> > > this?
> >
> > Ok, I'm thinking on it right now and I don't have a simple clue :( .
> > Maybe it can be worked around with a script on the client side, that
> > parses the available modules on the repository and checks out the
> > locale.po and the template.pot. Sure somebody did it; if not, I can
> > give it a try.
>
> I'm trying to write a such script (a shell script that write the script to use
> to checkout) since yesterday.
> I just launch it, it seems it is possible but I get some errors and couldn't
> get 5 modules.

These are probably problems with pot files having different names to
module names in cvs.

There was a similar script around a while ago by the Ukranian team:

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/fedora

I've updated it for the purposes of the Serbian team. Please feel free
to pick it for ideas:

http://fedora.prevod.org/alati/updatetrans

Regards,
Milos