Bug reports sent to list

Xavier Conde Rueda xavi.conde at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 08:46:30 UTC 2007

Hi Dimitris,

2007/6/25, Noriko Mizumoto <noriko at redhat.com>:

> Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> > So we've created the bugzilla product for localization, and some of the requests
> > concern the whole team.
> >
> > We have the choice to have BZ send emails to -trans-list when a new bug is
> > opened. Each team can direct its requests to its own list.
> >
> > The question is, should we have all these report creation sent automatically to
> > the list? Such requests would be bugs in languages that don't have their own
> > list, bugs of our website and new requests.
> >
> > I vote yes, and if we see that the traffic is too high we can create a separate
> > list.
> +1
> Sounds great, this should help us to understand what is needed and what
> is to happen. Thank you, Dimitris !!
>
> noriko

 -1. I disagree; I prefer to give the user a complete list of language
teams, so they can choose which one to send the bug report. It would
make sense also as an internal tool for each single team, since each
team could then use it as its own bugzilla without interfering with
other teams.

Also, I think localization issues should be reported using our own
language on the bugzilla reports, instead of English. Think of users
reporting localization issues: they could report them by using its own
language instead of english, since it would be an issue related to a
given language, not to every language, and it could make it easier for
them. So, I think of bugzilla as an internal tool for every team. Of
course, there could be issues that affect every team, so some issues
should be directed to this list too.

Regards!
--
Google talk/Jabber: xavi.conde a gmail.com