Bug reports sent to list

Bart Couvreur couf at skynet.be
Mon Jun 25 12:00:21 UTC 2007

Op maandag 25-06-2007 om 10:46 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Xavier
Conde Rueda:
> Hi Dimitris,
>
> 2007/6/25, Noriko Mizumoto <noriko at redhat.com>:
> >

> > Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> > > So we've created the bugzilla product for localization, and some of the requests
> > > concern the whole team.
> > >
> > > We have the choice to have BZ send emails to -trans-list when a new bug is
> > > opened. Each team can direct its requests to its own list.
> > >
> > > The question is, should we have all these report creation sent automatically to
> > > the list? Such requests would be bugs in languages that don't have their own
> > > list, bugs of our website and new requests.
> > >
> > > I vote yes, and if we see that the traffic is too high we can create a separate
> > > list.
> > +1
> > Sounds great, this should help us to understand what is needed and what
> > is to happen. Thank you, Dimitris !!
> >
> > noriko
> >

>  -1. I disagree; I prefer to give the user a complete list of language
> teams, so they can choose which one to send the bug report. It would
> make sense also as an internal tool for each single team, since each
> team could then use it as its own bugzilla without interfering with
> other teams.
>
> Also, I think localization issues should be reported using our own
> language on the bugzilla reports, instead of English. Think of users
> reporting localization issues: they could report them by using its own
> language instead of english, since it would be an issue related to a
> given language, not to every language, and it could make it easier for
> them. So, I think of bugzilla as an internal tool for every team. Of
> course, there could be issues that affect every team, so some issues
> should be directed to this list too.
>
> Regards!

Well yes indeed, and that's exactly the bigger picture. Languages that
have a list, will get bug-reports sent to that list, not this one. It's
just not every language has a list at the moment, and whilst we wait for
that to get done, the bug reports of those languages would come here.

Please take a look at the owners.list[1] and see if your language is
mentioned there + what list it send to, to be sure.

I'm all for bugs on lists: it gets more attention that way, which is
always a good thing.

Regards
Bart

[1]
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/owners/owners.list?root=l10n&view=markup
--
Bart <couf at fedoraproject.org> <couf at skynet.be>
key fingerprint: 6AAB 544D 3432 D013 776D  3602 ADB6 6B2A D93F 0F93