What's the future for translation inside the FP ?

Xavier Conde Rueda xavi.conde at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 08:26:21 UTC 2007

> Any other ideas / wishes?

Here my wishlist:

1. Automatically update PO and POT files. This should be handled as in
Gnome, were translations are updated twice a day. This shouldn't be a
work for translators, since you need the whole source code to
regenerate an up to date POT.

2. Allow to checkout by language only. Currently you have to checkout
the whole module with all the translations; it will be important to
make it easy to checkout just my language files.

3. Make it easier to obtain cvs rights to cvs.fp.o. Personally I found
there was too much bureaucracy in order to be added to the cvsdocs
group just for translating the documentation; I wish it gets easier to
be added to the cvs group for translation.

I would be glad to help you on this issues. Regards!

--
Google talk/Jabber: xavi.conde a gmail.com