New FLP web page, translation statistics

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Thu Jun 14 02:02:14 UTC 2007

O/H Xavier Conde Rueda έγραψε:
> Hi Dimitris,
>
> I'd prefer if languages could be listed alphabetically, instead of
> ranked. It makes difficult to find a given language. For instance,
> enter on
>
> http://publictest4.fedora.redhat.com/module/anaconda
>
> and try to find yours.

Hey Xavier.. *sigh*, too many email writing for one night! :)

Languages are listed by percentage on the module page because that kind of list
is more useful for the *module maintainer*. He expects a list of which languages
are translated the most (search by percentage). If you want to see how much is
anaconda translated in french, the natural route to find this info is through
the french language page (search by module instead of percentage).

> Also, I think only HEAD is needed to be showed for statistics, and
> just provide links to the other significative branches/tags. It would
> reduce the time to load the page, and I don't think it's so necessary
> to display old branches statistics.

Older branches are used to "identify" releases. It's useful to browse in "Fedora
Core 6" and see which packages formed which categories back then. But it's true
that we need to order them by significance and remove the very old because they
also take disk space and eat up a lot of CPU during updates.

> It looks great, hope we'll soon be able to translate it too :) .

I'm so glad that you guys want to translate it. Looking forward in a bunch of
languages supported! :-)

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos