xdg-user-dirs - user directory localization

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 14:21:52 UTC 2007

I've designed a system to handle special folders like ~/Desktop and
~/Music in a desktop-independent way that allows for translation of
these directories. See
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fxdg_2duser_2ddirs
for details.

I've gotten some translations so far (mostly from gnome translators),
but I'd like to get more. This will be in Fedora 7, so it would be nice
if we could get a wide coverage before that is released. It just
contains a few strings to be translated, so it should be easy to do.

The code can be accessed with:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/user-dirs co xdg-user-dirs

Things are in the po/ directory like with any gettext translated
packages. All strings are used as filenames, and are availible with and
without first letter capitalized.

Please send all pofiles to me and i'll merge them.

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's an unconventional Republican cyborg looking for a cure to the poison
coursing through his veins. She's a chain-smoking junkie barmaid with someone
else's memories. They fight crime!