Statistics for Docs translations

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Wed Mar 28 15:26:43 UTC 2007

Hey all.

Since the Docs translations are being committed to `cvs.fedoraproject.org`, the
i18n web interface doens't list them. So, I've created a (non-dynamic) wiki page
with a snapshot of the current translation statistics [1].

  [1]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Translation/Statistics

As you may see, we would *really* like some help there. There are very few
languages with full translations of important and small-in-size modules like
docs-common, homepage and about-fedora. If remember correctly, the Docs project
has a policy only to include translations that are above 90% complete.

According to the Docs Schedule [2], translation for the release notes can start
on 3rd April and for the guides on the 7th.

  [2]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Schedule

To checkout a module, you can do something like:

  export CVSROOT=:ext:glezos at cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/docs
  cvs co homepage
  kbabel homepage/devel/po/el.po
  cvs commit homepage/devel/po/el.po

To commit you need to be a member of the 'cvsl10n' group.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/