Efforts of translation

Fabian Affolter fab at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 9 21:35:25 UTC 2007

Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:

> I don't know if there is any tool, or method that allows me to
> estimate the effort of translation, for example, it takes 08 hours to
> translate 1000 words...

I personally don't know any method to calculate the time of a
translation automatically.  There are very big differences in the
translation data:  some strings are easy, some parts can be done with
the help of tools, and other sentences are very hard to translate.

IMHO, the only way to determine the needed time is experience.

Regards,

Fabian