lost in new translation system

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sun Nov 11 13:34:49 UTC 2007

On 11/11/07, Adam Pribyl <pribyl at lowlevel.cz> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan wrote:
>

> > It seems that we are moving from something that is really simple to a
> > complicated maze.
>
> The CVS access is not easy for everyone. What I see as a problem now is,
> that the link to transifex is still not on translate.fp.o. or at least I
> do not see it.  http://translate.fedoraproject.org/submit/
> Except that I am today recieving a lot of 500 Internal Error in
> CherryPy... but tthats a different story.

I too believe that we should work to clear things up and have the
translation process as simple as possible. Now that we 're over the F8
release, what are the issues we should work on? (Ideally, every issue
mentioned should have a person's name next to it.. :)

The current idea is to manage the list of our modules and their
associated information through the list at
https://translate.fedoraproject.org/module/. The XML files need
updating with the moved modules and the new release name. We can add
some more meta-information in the XML files to appear there, and also
document better how the website is managed
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Tools/Website).

The the Quick Start Guide continues to be the main translation howto.
The updated TQSG should be published on
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/translation-quick-start-guide/ (I think
the old one is still there).

I should finish the transition of Transifex to translate.fpo and
update it with the new modules moved. While I'm currently in the
process of searching for a job, I'll try to do this in the next days.
Almost all the bits are there, so we should be OK with this soon.
Linking to it from the main site, and also from each module's page
would be perfect and not hard at all.

Finally, how about a meeting on Tuesday? :)

-d