t.fp.o interface

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:57:21 UTC 2007

2007/11/28, Noriko Mizumoto <noriko at redhat.com>:
> Domingo Becker wrote:
> The answer would be 'yes' for a while, from my understanding.
> However if any package appeared there but already moved to t.fp.o must
> be removed for avoiding confusion.

Ok, we will continue working with i18n for modules not submittable on transifex.

> It states at the first para of Section 3 Translating Software.
> "To sign up for an account on i18n.redhat.com, please visit
> http://i18n.redhat.com/cgi-bin/i18n-signup/."
>
> In same para, it also says
> "This warning will probably be deprecated soon.".
> I am hoping that 'soon' will be happened soonish, or happened well
> before enough FC9. If so, then it might not be needed for newbies,
> simple is better:) But it's just my assuming and anyone can add the
> section/sub-section anytime. How you think?

It would be scary for a new translator to find this.
Anyway, great job from you with the t.q.s. guide.

> The modules not-submittable would be only the ones which it's maintainer
> moved the repository to fedora.org but have not taken appropriate action
> (making po files available in transifex) or the thing is just on the way.
> Otherwise we can translate either in transifex or on elvis.
> That is what I am understanding, but I can be wrong.
> Please correct me if so.

Would be nice if maintainers take the appropriate actions in order to
have transifex up and running for all modules. Would be less confusing
for new translators.

I have new spanish translator volunteers, coordination work must be
done. I also see at least two new translator a week on
fedora-trans-list. It must be clear for all of them which system to
use and for how long it will be available.

By the way, which would be the F9 branch (devel) in t.fp.o ?

kind regards
Domingo Becker (es)