Release Notes for F8 final

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 21:51:21 UTC 2007

The Release Notes have been completed for F8 final.  I know that many of
the translation teams are already working on them, since I see your
commits coming in. :-)  If there are any further string changes -- and I
expect these would be very few in any case -- those changes will be
synchronized later for a zero-day update.

The latest changes (between 7.92 and the candidate for 8.0.0) are a
little under 60 strings.  Thanks are due to Rahul Sundaram, who made a
number of necessary changes while trying to reuse existing strings as
much as possible.  I will check on status as we go, although I will
probably not post reports since Dimitris' web application does a more
visually appealing job of that. :-)

*** The deadline for translations is 2359 UTC, 2007-10-22. ***
(refer to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Schedule for full
schedule)

Remember that the full fedora-release-notes package includes the
following Docs modules:

* about-fedora
* homepage
* readme
* readme-live
* readme-burning-isos
* release-notes

As we did with F7, any locale with 90% or more strings done will have
the translation included in the F8 general release.  (We'd love it if
many of them made 100% though!)  Don't hold back since we will do a
zero-day update package.  If you make your 90%, keep working over the
remaining time for a 100% goal, and we will have your updates in the new
RPM as well.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with questions, either here or at
fedora-docs-list at redhat.com.  Good luck and thank you everyone!

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/