Stats update

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 17:04:56 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 11:49 -0300, Domingo Becker wrote:
> 2007/10/20, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hm, did you check that your locale "es" is in the po/LINGUAS file?
> >

> Does this mean that if it's not in the po/LINGUAS file, it does not
> get published ?
> If so, how about a new rule in the Makefile to update that LINGUAS
> file automatically ? (in docs-common maybe ?)

The problem with a make target is that it can't judge whether a locale
needs to be removed, and how to keep a locale excluded for any of a
number of a reasons becomes very murky too.

We have this information in the Translation Quick Start Guide, but I can
put out an APB if this is unclear.  We had a conversation on this list
some time ago about shifting to a po/LINGUAS file so that we more
closely mirror upstream like GNOME, and I put this file within editing
reach of all the translators for just this reason.

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/