Stats (not) updating correctly

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Wed Sep 12 19:51:08 UTC 2007

I managed to find some time today to look into why our stats weren't
updating correctly. I just made a small tweak to our update script that
I believe has fixed the bug. yay.

  http://translate.fedoraproject.org/

Please check your language's statistics and report any problems at bug
report #248260.

Only modules that weren't using intltool for their i18n were affected.
Damned Lies is designed to support intltool-enabled modules, ie. ones
with the files POTFILES.in, LINGUAS, etc and build the POT file
on-the-fly. Modules with POT files provided by the developer, ie ones
not using intltool, will most likely *always* have more problems than
the other ones, simply because upstream is not focused on maintaining
support for them. I've tried to make this point clear from early on. :)

Note that DL doesn't automatically merge POT changes into PO files, so
better compare the stats with your checked-out copy instead of
i18n.redhat.com, which merges before showing the statistics.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/