Stats (not) updating correctly

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel ankit at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 07:04:56 UTC 2007

Dimitris Glezos લખ્યું:
> Στις 12-09-2007, ημέρα Τετ, και ώρα 18:14 -0300, ο/η Domingo Becker
> έγραψε:
>
>> Is it possible to have a cron job to merge POT changes into PO files ?
>>

> I think it is possible, and in fact even someone from us could do it
> every now and then, right?
>
> If we get to build something that can be run from one person and get it
> to become a bit mature and work right, then a cron could run it too, and
> Infra will be more willing to try it out than writing it from
> scratch. :)

1. Why can't we run the existing automerge script running on
i18n.redhat.com through cronjob?
> On the other hand, this might not be optimal for a number of reasons. It
> throws a big weight on Infra to maintain it, for example, and it should
> work across VCSs with the ability to commit. From this point of view, it
> sounds like something Transifex could do: Transifex is a translator-side
> tool (in contrast to a maintainer or administrator-side tool) *with*
> access to a lot of VCSs. It would be trivial to ask transifex "which
> modules need merging?" and have it do a for loop and commit since most
> of the code is there. Anyone willing to write a patch? :)

2. I could give a try, definitely take a longer time for me as out of
touch now. OR someone who's expert in programming can jump in...
> Also, to give another dimension to the issue: an even more efficient
> (and logical) approach would be to do it right from the start (the
> PO/POT creation): urge more developers to use intltool, and for those
> modules that intlool can't be used (for a variety of reasons), the
> person/script that updates the POT should update the POs as well.

3. You are right. That's the best option. Developers/Package maintainers
are not doing it for some reason i don't know.
> My 2 cents.
>
> -d

I think the preference order for these solutions should be 3, 1,
2...What do you say?

--
Regards,
Ankit Patel