Do 'make validate-xml-$LANG' before cvs/docs/po/ was [Re: Testing and verifying changes to flpweb b4 LIVE]

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 23:04:56 UTC 2007

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 04:14 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>> A quick note to remind that before committing any changes to the flpweb
>> module XML files, a `make` should be run to make sure the files have
>> correct syntax.
>>
>> Also, before made LIVE, the changes should be tested on a local version
>> of the flpweb, otherwise with any errors the website might choke. If you
>> don't have one, drop a note to me or Diego on IRC. :)
>
> If I can jump on the bandwagon, it would be great if translators working
> on Docs CVS module PO would do a "make validate-xml-$LANG" to make sure
> their translations do not introduce XML errors.  Thanks!

I can see more than one languages got corrected 'tag spelling error'.
It is great to have more languages translated but is not good to have
more manual corrections must be made. Translators can run this to
validate in a second, so once again.

make validate-xml-$LANG

Please translator, do take care, especially release-note related files
at this time. This step must be done before commit, thus I will include
this in TQSG update version.

noriko