Online translation tool?

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sat Sep 29 13:33:12 UTC 2007

I don't remember if I brought this up in the past, but some people have
suggested to add a tool to our translation infrastructure for doing
translations online. Some translators might prefer it, so we could have
that too (as long as it integrates with our existing workflow).

Benefits: more people working on the same translation, lower barrier to
entry, easier to handle big files, tools have workflow embedded (reviews
etc).

To the folks that are interested in working on our l10n toolchain,
here's a small task: Interested in investigating this a bit more? :)

Some Qs that we'd need answered: What tools are out there (eg. Pootle)?
How do they interface with the VCS and what are the options for
authentication? What are their requirements in terms of software and
infrastructure?

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos