mo.file does not appear in system-config-firewall/ja.po

Kiyoto James Hashida khashida at redhat.com
Sat Apr 5 22:40:55 UTC 2008

Hi, Dimitris, Noriko, and other members.

I am trying to proofread by producing the mo file
for system-config-firewall/ja.po because I had to
fix some tags translated by another member.

I followed the instruction in the Quick Guide chap 3.5
but I can't get the mo file in the |/usr/share/locale//|lang|//LC_MESSAGES/.
[khashida at khashida system-config-firewall]$ msgfmt ja.po
[khashida at khashida system-config-firewall]$ ls
ja.po messages.mo
[khashida at khashida system-config-firewall]$ cp
/usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-firewall.mo
system-config-firewall.mo-backup
cp: cannot stat
`/usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-firewall.mo': そのような
ファイルやディレクトリはありません (this means there is no such file or
directory)

First of all, mo file which is created is message.po (not
system-config-firewall.mo) and
that file does not appear in ||/usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/. I
tried to change message.mo to
||system-config-firewall.mo and put it in the ||LC_MESSAGES/directory,
but it was not possible.|
|What am I doing wrong ? Could someone correct my mistake ?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Kiyoto (James)

?Kiyoto (James) Hashida
Technical Translator