On wiki and translation...

Bart Couvreur couf at skynet.be
Tue Apr 22 17:00:41 UTC 2008

Hi all,

you might have heard about the up and coming wiki migration from our
current moin-instance to the likely better working mediawiki. This as a
result of all sorts of problems with moin. For more info, see the wiki
[1]

As a result of this, we've got the chance to rethink how we organize our
translations of the wiki. Do we want to keep the current structure, or
do we want to formalize it and create some guidelines for wiki
translation, to be used in the new setup?

Possible ways:
      * $lang-code/$English_title: keep the same structure of the
        English original wiki, just insert a lang code (somewhat like
        how the main website is set up)
      * $lang-code/$translated_title: translate the structure
      * $English_title/$lang-code: create sub-pages of a certain page
        with the translation

Looking at how Wikipedia has set up their mediawiki, it should be
possible to create a list of translations of a certain page.

So any ideas, suggestions, questions, ... anything, shoot :-)

Bart

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/WikiMigration
--
Bart <couf at fedoraproject.org> <couf at skynet.be>
key fingerprint: 6AAB 544D 3432 D013 776D  3602 ADB6 6B2A D93F 0F93