On wiki and translation...

Diego Búrigo Zacarão diegobz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 12:47:47 UTC 2008

Hello, all!

2008/4/23, Ricky Zhou <ricky at fedoraproject.org>:

> Another good example is OpenSUSE
> (http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org).  I don't know how they
> manage things, but seem to have extremely complete and well-updated
> translations of their wiki (not that I want us to have per-langauge
> subdomains like they do).

At the first glance, that solution seems to be very interesting.
But see:
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Translation_Guide
and/or
http://pt.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Translation_Guide

AFAIK, how we can see at the links above, they use the same management than
us. They just create a new page translated in their wiki and set up with a
subdomain against us that we create a subdirectory (wiki/<LANG>/Page).

However, that continues to be a not easy way to make the source
strings/messages available to the translators.
It's hard to manage the changes between the original page and a translated
one, as we can see at the same links above, and as the currently pages of
our wiki too.

Cheers

--
Diego Búrigo Zacarão