Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Apr 1 21:30:38 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Marek Mahut <mmahut at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
>  In today's meeting we agreed to create a mailing list that will regroup
>  all translation mailing lists together for easy distribution of
>  announces.

I'm sorry for missing the meeting today, the reasons were more or less
beyond my reach. I'm looking forward to the IRC log.

>  The idea is to serve something similar to fedora-announce-list, but only
>  for L10N community. Due to wide distribution of emails throught
>  fedora-trans-announce at redhat.com, only mailing list moderators can
>  approve posts to this mailing list. [...]

The image I have is that this list could be more like
fedora-devel-announce, which basically makes sure some messages reach
out to everyone interested in development but don't necessarily follow
-devel-list. I think fedora-announce is more user-oriented, and I
guess users aren't our target audience for this list (unless I'm
mistaken).

>  Dimitris, as you missed the meeting, can you let us know what do you
>  think and eventually announce this announce list to fedora announce
>  mailing list (heh)?

It's a brilliant idea! Kudos for setting it up so quickly.

I think we could also announce it to everyone with cvsl10n access.
Let's make sure we also blog about it, and since we're on it, also
blog about FLSCo. :-)

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos