F9 Countdown Translation

Alexandru Szasz alexxed at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 05:33:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 5:19 AM, Ricky Zhou <ricky at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 2008-04-06 11:13:00 PM, Alexandru Szasz wrote:
>
> > I already translated this svg and created all the images and a counter
>  > for my website, but I can't just send one svg because my language
>  > (Romanian) has more plural forms, not just one, so after 20 I'd have
>  > to use another plural and for 1 I'd have to use the translation for
>  > day not days.
>  Oh, and another good point - I completely forgot about accounting for
>  the simgular vs. plural word.  Any suggestions?  Should we ask that
>  translators send in a separate SVG with the singular as well?
>
>  Ricky

Do you think it's that hard that all languages find words that fit in
that space ? So that the 2 texts can be in a text file ?
There are about 9 letters available for "Launch" and for "days". And
"Launch" doesn't have to be necessarily be "Launch" when translating,
it could be "Out in x days", so I think there's a possibility to
create a .po file and put in a comment that there's space only for 9
letters, if the translator can't do it, a link to someone he can
contact.

--
Alexandru Szasz