How to revise the translated work(for the docs)

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Apr 15 23:40:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 2:30 AM, Yu Feng <rainwoodman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I think it will be very beneficial for the translators to view the
>  complete translated work.

Definitely! Proofreading is an important part of the translation
process, since we often catch errors at that stage.

You might want to take a look at the TQSG which describes how to get
the document source and build a result from your translations:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/translation-quick-start-guide/en_US/sn_translating_docs.html

It's something like:

export CVSROOT=:ext:username at cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/docs
cvs co release-notes
cd release-notes/devel/
<put new PO file in po/>.
make html-<your-locale>
 - or, `make html-<your-locale>-nochunks` for a single HTML file.

-d

>  The current framework for translating is per paragraph, but it can still
>  cause confusion lacking a complete context.
>
>  Also, because the document is usually translated by several translators,
>  strings are inherited from old translations, a review over the entire
>  document may also help to unify the styles.
>
>  Some re-formatting is only visible in the final built document.
>
>  Yu
>
>  On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 23:26 +0200, Göran Uddeborg wrote:
>  > Ok, I managed to reach 481 messages translated to Swedish.
>  >
>  > That still leaves 279 untranslated.  (But now I HAVE to go to bed,
>  > even if there are some 2½ hours left to the deadline.)
>  >
>  > Is there any point in doing the remaining messages after the deadline?
>  > For regular software packages one can do that, and have the new
>  > translations included in updates of the package, if there are any.  Is
>  > there anything similar for the release notes?  Or are they frozen once
>  > the deadline has passed?
>  >
>  > --
>  > Fedora-trans-list mailing list