Transifex and Damn Lies

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Thu Aug 28 09:10:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 6:40 AM, Michael Hideo-Smith <mhideo at redhat.com> wrote:

> ----- "Noriko Mizumoto" <noriko at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> So plan B is to submit PO files to Bugzilla's for developers to
>> integrate? Please confirm. - Mike

Right, this plan B is the 'traditional' way in open source to send
patches/contributions from people with no commit access to the source.
Transifex is just a tool that added a more efficient plan A when we
noticed that a lot of Fedora modules were being hosted on non-CVS
systems.

So, when we're having issues (like for example when a project isn't
registered on Tx, or its setup isn't working or the translator is
simply a non-Fedora one), we fall back to the regular way of doing
things: bug reports.

A plan C could be to upload files to a specific location where all
translators have access to (eg. on cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/l10n).
Then the developer can be notified with a bug report to pick up his
files just prior of packaging for a release.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/