duplicate language?

Mikel Pascual mikel.paskual at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 11:07:51 UTC 2008

Hi,

I just started translating anaconda to basque (eu), and tried the
system with a few translated strings.
I found that basque shows in eu and eu_ES, but I could only submit
anaconda for eu_ES. Also, when installing fedora, I could choose
between eu_ES, eu_FR... but I couldn't choose just eu.

In fact, there are a lot of basque "flavours", but there's a
"homologated" version, which tries to tie them together. That is eu,
and that's the one we usually translate for.
Although beeing a bit different, it'd be the case of spanish (es).
There's a somewhat standard es, and there are es_ES, es_AR, es_CO,...
but they can simply translate for es, and they can simply choose es
language.
So, the logical way would be only having the eu option on
installation, and translating for eu.

How can we  do this?