Self-introduction: David Kjær

David Kjær david782 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 05:07:36 UTC 2008

Hello there translators.

My name is David Kjær and I'm living in a city called Randers on the
peninsula of Jutland, Denmark.
I'm a seventh semester computer science student at the University of Aarhus,
Aarhus, Denmark. I work ten hours a week as a student programmer for a
relatively well-known hi-fi company.
A teaching assistant in a introductory programming course insisted that we
did our programming hand-ins on a Linux OS, and he recommended FC4, which
was the distro the university was using at the time. Since then I've used
FC4, FC6, Werewolf and am currently using Cambridge with the greatest
delight.
However it feels like I'm not using Fedora's full potential. If I was any
good at reading docs I would sit down and do that, but the thing is, I'm a
learning-by-doing and trial-and-error sort of person and I almost never get
to the end of a Doc i started reading. Translating docs, I gather, is a
rather good way of making sure I read it all. I've been wanting to
participate in an Open Source project for a while, and since my language is
small, I felt that translating was the area I could contribute the most at
the current time. Later on, I would like to do some OS develpment, but I
think I'll need a deeper knowledge about the project first.
I have no documented translating skills as such, but since Danish is a VERY
small language, almost everything I read is in English, so i guess I'm kind
of used to doing on-the-fly translation of advanced scientifical texts.
My primary interests are sort of nitty-griddy algorithm stuff and
theoretical computer science and I don't know how helpful they might be.
Also I'm pretty solid at both Java and C/C++.

To wrap up I hope you can fit me in somewhere, and I'm looking forward to
hearing from you.

David Kjær

PGP KEYID and fingerprint:

pub   1024D/0B6ACEF4 2008-12-26
      Key fingerprint = FD23 A0FF 9864 521D D974  8113 0A1F 196D 0B6A CEF4
sub   2048g/B493D707 2008-12-26