Write your own local release announcement

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 19:33:11 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 01:25:23PM +0530, Ani Peter wrote:
> Appreciate if you could let us know by when and how we have to submit
> the local release announcement.

Sorry I missed this question, even though it is past the release, an
explanation is in order.

These release announcements are for use in your local region.  No one
in Fedora is gathering these to send out.  The best resource is to
work with your local Ambassador team(s), who know where to send
announcements regionally.  Ideas include:

* News media outlets (websites, newspapers, etc.)
* Technical journalists
* Technical and free/open bloggers
* Educational organizations (IEEE, etc.)
* User groups (LUGs, JUGs, etc.)

I'll add this to the [[Release announcemens]] wiki page.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41