sponsors for cvsl10n

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Dec 29 09:58:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Runa Bhattacharjee <runab at redhat.com> wrote:
> Language groups sounds a viable option, however I am afraid that it might
> lead to unrelated segregation amongst groups as a long-term side effect.

There is no option currently in FAS for language groups, only for
choosing the country the user lives in.

> Perhaps the FLSCo members can be considered as a neutral level of sponsors,
> who can take decisions about sponsoring members for:
>
> 1. new teams without coordinators
> 2. old teams without designated coordinators (i just spotted a few on
> translate.fp.o)
> 3. teams with disputed/MIA leadership

Good point, although I believe anyone can be considered a neutral
sponsor in this case. Here's what I do: "If person has sent
self-introduction and language team does not have a coordinator, then
sponsor him and urge to step up as a coordinator".

>> We should also define an aging policy. If the person doesn't show up
>> after a while it will be necessary to remove he/she from the queue.

Upon cleanup, I usually send a standard email to un-introduced folks
urging them to follow the instructions and get-going asap with
translations.

> Secondly, I am not sure if we have any automated method currently  for:
>
> 1. notifying people waiting in the cvsl10n queue to send self-introduction
> mails,
> 2. notifying the team coordinators (who are not yet listed as  sponsors)
> about people from their language waiting to be sponsored

There is no automated way. Folks with programming skills, however,
could write a plugin for FAS that does exactly that.

-δ

PS: I've been a bit inactive lately due to heavy work. More on this on
a separate email though. =)

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/