Upcoming elvis move -- preparations

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Fri Feb 15 14:53:59 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 22:58 +0200, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>  >  2. We'll need some help over on IRC, to make sure any users having
>  > questions will find the help they need for information about the
>  > project, and SSH key and account creations.
>
>  If I am able to clear a click-to-accept CLA for Transifex with Legal,
>  how long would it take for you to implement that?  It sure would be nice
>  if translators didn't have to go through our awful process to work in
>  Transifex.

IIRC, translations need a proper CLA signing process (ie not
click-through), since they are shipped in the ISO and everything. If
Legal can confirm we're OK with click-through, I'll be happy as a dog
with two tails. :-)

Since Transifex uses the Fedora Account System to identify translators
(members of the cvsl10n group), we'll need to solve this on that
level. For example, we could state that "cvsl10n" requires
"cla-clickthrough-done" instead of "cla-done", and so joining the
group would be much easier. Not sure if this can be done before FAS2,
mmcgrath could know.

-d

>  >  4. Let's make sure all new contributors feel welcome! Our more
>  > distributed environment is definitely more complex than the older one,
>  > but it's the right thing (tm) to do. The TQSG and /wiki/L10N/FAQ are
>  > our best docs right now, feel free to add any Q that comes up in the
>  > FAQ and then point the user there, so that we have it ready for the
>  > next time.
>
>  This is very true -- Transifex is a big step forward for community
>  translation process.  It's the things surrounding it that are creating
>  any hassle, and the sooner we can get them solved, the sooner more
>  translators and developers are going to appreciate the new opportunities
>  it creates!
>

>  > That's it for now! Now, if only I had a way to send an email to ~2300
>  > people without choking any SMTP servers..
>
>  :-)
>
>  --
>  Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/
>   gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
>   http://redhat.com/   -  -  -  -   http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
>   irc.freenode.net: stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug
>
> --

Dimitris Glezos