Easily grabbing all POs for one language

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Feb 18 10:25:46 UTC 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 3:43 AM, Yaakov Nemoy <loupgaroublond at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2008 8:06 PM, Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com> wrote:
> > So after a lot of jabber, here's the rub. We could have the above wget
> > command run daily on our servers, and produce a langpack for each
> > language in .tar.gz with all its PO files, for easily download. Is
> > this something we want to spend some time on, or are we OK with
> > running the wget command for now?
>
> Why isn't this something transifex can do already in the background
> maybe?  Python has some great tools for writing such kind of
> 'shell-like' scripting.

We could do it in Python too, probably when the scheduled update-stats
script is run on the stats side. I was just thinking KISS there.

> That dream like command could interact with transfex via json-rpc
> quite easily too.

Yup, the connection over JSON wasn't hard at all -- the client coding
of all the functionality/controllers is where the load mainly lies.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/