specspo/summary

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 08:41:56 UTC 2008

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 02:17:21PM +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
>> For other surrounding strings (such as m17n-db input table for Japanese),
>> they are their language names. So that for 'Myanmar', I am guessing that
>> it should be replaced with the language spoken in Myanmar, assuming it
>> can be 'Burmese'.
>> As I don't know much about Myanmar, could someone give me an advice on this?
>
> Most of the world doesn't recognize Myanmar only Burma which is currently
> under military rule with its democracy suspended.
>
> Whichever you pick has political meaning so there are no good answers.
Alan,
Sorry not thanking your comment soon since away from PC during my holiday.
I've had a couple of search to gain some information and learnt that
Japan is one of the country which recognize Myanmar.
Thank you for giving me a opportunity to learn!

For translation, I left it as 'Myanmar' in Japanese.

Thanks!
noriko