Steering Committee formation

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 20:47:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 20:55 +0100, Bart Couvreur wrote:
> The only drawback I have here is that the L10N project is pretty much
> divided into dozens of small parts (the teams), and that the SCo would
> mostly be handling infrastructural things. But then again this could
> that the different teams start to communicate more in the project, which
> is always good. (just my $0.02)

Actually, this is not too different from any other subproject -- for
instance, there are small pockets of individuals or groups in Docs
working on, say, the Get Involved Guide, or the Desktop User Guide.  The
Steering Committee ties everything together and makes sure everyone is
working toward overall goals in a consistent and logical fashion.

> > Thanks to all contributors here for your hard work and incredible
> > progress in making Fedora available to users worldwide!
> +1000

+1000^1000  ;-)