Re: FLSCo charter draft

Op dinsdag 11-03-2008 om 02:52 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Dimitris
Glezos:
> Since there seems to be a positive feeling around the creation of a
> Steering Committee, I've tried getting together a page for it, or
> charter. The Elections rules could be copied from FAmSCo [1] or FDSCo.
>
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/SteeringCommittee
>
> How does it look? Too big, too bureaucratic, too good? What needs to
> be added or deleted?

> [1]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Election/Rules

Well let's get this discussion started. EVERYONE this is YOUR chance to
say what our L10N Steering Committee should and shouldn't do as FLSCo.

As a basis the current text is quite complete. It seems that a lot of
the stuff that might be missing will be found out along the way of doing
it, as long as we keep the organization level too a bare minimum (get
stuff done, not put stuff in the way of getting it done)

One thing I am missing in the text is a number of people that need to
run FLSCo. Looking at the project as a whole, this would be any odd
number between 5 and 11. As a requirement we should add the fact that we
want to have at least one member of each major region (APAC, EMEA en
America) at that level, to be sure to have a representative to each part
of the community behind it.

That said, let's push this forward!

So comment away,

Bart

--
Bart <couf fedoraproject org> <couf skynet be>
key fingerprint: 6AAB 544D 3432 D013 776D  3602 ADB6 6B2A D93F 0F93