FLSCo charter draft

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Wed Mar 12 22:17:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 11:35 PM, Bart Couvreur <couf at skynet.be> wrote:

>  Op dinsdag 11-03-2008 om 02:52 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Dimitris
>  Glezos:
>  > Since there seems to be a positive feeling around the creation of a
>  > Steering Committee, I've tried getting together a page for it, or
>  > charter. The Elections rules could be copied from FAmSCo [1] or FDSCo.
>  >
>  >   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/SteeringCommittee
>  >
>  > How does it look? Too big, too bureaucratic, too good? What needs to
>  > be added or deleted?
>
>  > [1]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Election/Rules
>
>  [...] One thing I am missing in the text is a number of people that need to
>  run FLSCo. Looking at the project as a whole, this would be any odd
>  number between 5 and 11. As a requirement we should add the fact that we
>  want to have at least one member of each major region (APAC, EMEA en
>  America) at that level, to be sure to have a representative to each part
>  of the community behind it.

This is a good point, and mentioned on the page at some point: "The
committee represents the community as a whole" -- could be emphasized
more. I'm not sure how feasible and efficient would be to have it as a
mandate for FLSCo members; maybe we should leave it open, and remind
everyone (both now and before the vote) that one important aspect of a
good FLSCo would be to represent the whole community.

Reason to join FLSCo #143: We have enough budget set aside to try hard
and have all FLSCO members in Brussels for FOSDEM '09.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/