Re: Remove specspo statistics?

Asgeir Frimannsson wrote:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:39 AM, Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel
<ankit redhat com> wrote:
Alexander Todorov wrote:

 > Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel wrote:
 > | Hi,
 > |
 > | Can we remove specspo/desc, specspo/summary statistics from the
 > | individual language statistics page? I am not sure about other teams, I
 > | personally don't like to see it on Gujarati Statistics page. So, I
 > would
 > | like to remove specspo statistics from
 > | http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/gu/fedora-9 page.
 > |
 > | I would like other teams to opt-in, if you also prefer to do the same.
 > | May be, we could request the infrastructure team or Dimitris to remove
 > | the specspo statistics from the individual language statistics page.
 > |

 > Before other teams can opt for this can you share your reasoning? Do
 > you simply
 > don't like these particular two because they are extremely large? I
 > guess users
 > who don't speak English will be happy to see package descriptions in
 > their
 > native language. Why removing them from the stats page then?

 Hi,

 Just look at the statistics of the module "specspo".
 http://translate.fedoraproject.org/module/specspo Do you see any
 language completed more than even 50%? No...

 The reason is obvious, it's too huge to translate and another reason
 would be I think, it's not really important for the "end users" too, who
 actually use "Localized Desktops". For them package summary or
 description doesn't make much difference as they understand the use of
 packages through help files/manuals only. They don't go by RPM specs -
 summary or descriptions I think. So, most of the language coordinators
 are not translating this package.

 So, I would like it to be removed from the *individual language
 statistics page only*, Not from the "individual module translation
 statistics page".

 It will help me to track the progress of translation of my language, for
 the important/core packages only.

 Still, I am not so keen on getting this removed from the statistics
 page, but thought may be other language coordinators too thinking the
 same thing, so expressed my idea.

 Thread is open for the inputs I think...

What about moving specspo to the "Various Fedora resources" release
set, rather than having it under F8, F9 etc..? In this way, it will
show up on (using pt_BR as example):

http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/pt_BR/various

but it will not show up on:

http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/pt_BR/fedora-9
http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/pt_BR/fedora-8

cheers,
asgeir
+1 for moving specspo as another set and gaving it under F9 etc.

Regards
Ani