{Spam?} Re: Remove specspo statistics?

Gianluca Busiello busiello at ceinge.unina.it
Wed Mar 19 23:52:51 UTC 2008

Dimitris Glezos ha scritto:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 4:16 PM, Igor Pires Soares <igorsoares at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  Em Qua, 2008-03-19 às 14:09 +0200, Dimitris Glezos escreveu:
>>
>>  > A quick note to say that we already have a gobby service for Fedora, which
>>  > is basically a collaborative real-time multi-user editor. Since it's
>>  > 100% FOSS and
>>  > hosted on Fedora servers, maybe we'd prefer using it instead of other
>>  > proprietary
>>  > services. :-)
>>  >
>>  >   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/GobbyHowTo
>>
>>  Thanks for the tip Dimitris!
>>
>>  I didn't know about this one and I will take look.
>>  I hope it doesn't have the same limitations as Google Docs, it could
>>  enable our teams to translate the desc module in a more collaborative
>>  way.
>>

> As many people can edit the same lines, and their contributions are
> marked with distinct colors. One limitation I can think of off the top
> of my head is that it doesn't support Undo like most editors do. But
> you can save the doc locally as often as you'd like.
>
> If it does succeed, maybe we could add it to our FAQ and/or TQSG.
>
> -d

I tried this tool, because one month ago me and my team (italian)
discussed about a collaborative way to organize the translation of the
specspo file.
We firstly explored a way to split the file in chunks by using standard
tools and merging them in respect of the po file format, but this
doesn't seem really functional.
Gobby seems to be the right tool because it allows to keep centralized
the file during concurrent modifications, but I didn't found a way to
use it as po editor; I mean, Gobby can only be used as editor of generic
text.
Anyone knows if there is any kind of integration with po files editors
(poeditor, kbabel, gtranslator)?

Gianluca

believed to be clean.