Re: {Spam?} Re: Remove specspo statistics?

Gianluca Busiello wrote:
Dimitris Glezos ha scritto:
On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 4:16 PM, Igor Pires Soares <igorsoares gmail com> wrote:
 Em Qua, 2008-03-19 às 14:09 +0200, Dimitris Glezos escreveu:

> A quick note to say that we already have a gobby service for Fedora, which
 > is basically a collaborative real-time multi-user editor. Since it's
 > 100% FOSS and
 > hosted on Fedora servers, maybe we'd prefer using it instead of other
 > proprietary
 > services. :-)
 >
 >   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/GobbyHowTo

 Thanks for the tip Dimitris!

 I didn't know about this one and I will take look.
 I hope it doesn't have the same limitations as Google Docs, it could
 enable our teams to translate the desc module in a more collaborative
 way.

As many people can edit the same lines, and their contributions are
marked with distinct colors. One limitation I can think of off the top
of my head is that it doesn't support Undo like most editors do. But
you can save the doc locally as often as you'd like.

If it does succeed, maybe we could add it to our FAQ and/or TQSG.

-d

I tried this tool, because one month ago me and my team (italian) discussed about a collaborative way to organize the translation of the specspo file. We firstly explored a way to split the file in chunks by using standard tools and merging them in respect of the po file format, but this doesn't seem really functional. Gobby seems to be the right tool because it allows to keep centralized the file during concurrent modifications, but I didn't found a way to use it as po editor; I mean, Gobby can only be used as editor of generic text. Anyone knows if there is any kind of integration with po files editors (poeditor, kbabel, gtranslator)?

Gianluca

I've tried this morning, and it seems that gobby can not work well with a heavy file. When I tried to open summary/ja.po (2.2MB) from my machine, it took a while and disconnected. Creating a empty new file and copying&pasting into it does also not work well, simply I can not paste.
Any idea or tip?

noriko