Re: Changing the colophon

Thomas Canniot wrote:
Le Mon, 24 Mar 2008 09:53:07 -0400,
"Paul W. Frields" <stickster gmail com> a écrit :

Our release notes "Colophon," which lists all the people who have
contributed to the Release Notes, always accumulates names.  In the
past, we've never stripped out any old names.

However, there is an important question we should resolve:  How do we
go forward from here?  Options include:

1.  Leave all the names on the list.
  a. ...because figuring out when someone's individual contributions
are gone is REALLY hard, and people should be credited for that work
as long as we think it might still be in the Release Notes or a
translation somewhere.
  b. ...because people drift in and out of Fedora Project work, and
shuffling names might not be a good use of time.

2.  Erase the whole list and start over each cycle.
  a. ...because this is reflective of who's working hard on writing,
editing, translating, and packaging this edition.
  b. ...because it's easier to track and makes for a more sane length
and meaningful content for the Colophon.

I vote for this second option as well :)

Me too... +1

Thomas

--
Marek Mahut               https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Astronomy/