Voting Results for first FLSCo

Martin-Gomez Pablo pablo.martin-gomez at laposte.net
Thu May 1 17:47:00 UTC 2008

Le Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:17:20 +0300,
"Dimitris Glezos" <dimitris at glezos.com> a écrit :

> Following are the results of the vote for the first Localization
> Steering Committee.
>
>  35 of 321 eligible people voted. The cutoff line is 7.
>
>   vote_count | username | human name
>  ------------+----------+----------------------+---------------------
>          26 | glezos   | Dimitris Glezos
>          20 | diegobz  | Diego Búrigo Zacarão
>          19 | couf     | Bart Couvreur
>          18 | noriko   | Noriko Mizumoto
>          17 | mmahut   | Marek Mahut
>          17 | fab      | Fabian Affolter
>          11 | raven    | Piotr Drag
>  ------------+----------+----------------------+---------------------
>          10 | igor     | Igor Pires Soares
>           7 | vpv      | Ville-Pekka Vainio
>           6 | bouska   | PabloMartin-Gomez
>           3 | ankit    | Ankit Patel
>

> Thanks to all of you who voted. The top four vote receivers hold their
> seats for twelve months. The next three have their seats up for
> re-election in six months.
>
> Thanks to all nominees for stepping up. Keep up the good work!
>
> Our next meeting is today, Tuesday, 29 April 2008 11:00 UTC, in the
> #fedora-meeting IRC channel. Let's meet today but announce the first
> FLSCo meeting in two weeks time, on May 13, if that's OK with
> everyone.
>
> What do all of you think about the election? Was it a good idea or a
> waste of time? What could we do better next time?
>
> -d

Once again, congrats for all elected members.

However, I'm very disappointed about the numbers of voters, just 10% of
the eligible voted, I think there is a problem. IMO, the election time
wasn't the problem, nor the communication on this list. I see only three
possible reasons: the electors don't feel concerned by the election
(is the FLSCo useless ?), or they don't want to vote for someone
unknown, or just few of them read the list frequently.

If somebody has some other reasons and how to resolve this issue, I'm
interested by it.

Pablo