Re: F9 and website translations

1.Translated to  "the new wave" or "Waves of change", it enlighten me. I transferred it as "Leading the trend" in Chinese :)

2.Please Note: I found “F8 Screenshot” in fedora-web.master.xxx.po . Is it wrong ?

Dimitris Glezos 写道:
On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Thomas Canniot
<thomas canniot mrtomlinux org> wrote:
Le Thu, 8 May 2008 02:19:13 +0800,
 "Guokai Han" <dev hgk gmail com> a écrit :

 > 3.What means "Make waves" in "Fedora 9.  Make waves."? "兴风作浪"?

 I personaly don't really like this "make waves" as it is a negative
 expression : "to shock or upset people with something new or
 different." [1]

 Do we really want people to say Fedora 9 upset me ? I don't think so :)
 Could it be "the new wave" instead ?

I guess this should come up on the -marketing-list.

In terms of this group, I encourage everyone to adapt the phrase as
they like in their language, if the phrase doesn't make sense in your
local language and idioms. I'd say change it completely if you think
it's best. That's why we call it "localization" and not just
"translation" right? :-)

In Greek I transferred it as "Waves of change".