CVSL10N access approval

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel ankit at redhat.com
Wed Nov 5 07:45:30 UTC 2008

Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> Hi
>
> As per FLP meeting today, I like to propose the idea of the approver
> procedure. At the moment there are only handful members giving approval
> and we should have more team coordinators to involve this process,
> because sponsoring allows the user to commit.
>
> In our Translation Quick Start Guide, it directs new translators to post
> a short self introduction to fedora-trans-list and to the list of
> his/her local team.
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/translation-quick-start-guide/en_US/sn_accounts.html#sn-intro-yourself
>
> At least current approvers should check if he/she posted the short self
> introduction in fedora-trans-list?  No introduction, no approval.

This sounds good for the time being!

> Also we may be able to approach more automate way in FAS, such as;
> 1. The account requester selects language team to join
> 2. Auto approval request mail is sent to the selected language coordinator
> 3. The coordinator can approves/rejects
> 4. Only if approved, it is notified to the cvsl10n group to sponsor that
> person
>
> How you think?
>
> noriko

Few modifications to what Noriko has explained above...

How about,

1. A new person joins fedora-trans-list (and fedora-trans-<lang>, if
exists) and provide the self introduction first showing the willingness
or the ability to contribute in FLP.
2. Then s/he becomes the FLP member and can request for FAS account (For
the specific language, if possible)
3. After that the respective language co-ordinator (OR FAS FLP sponsors,
in case language co-ordinator doesn't exist) can approve/reject account
requester

--
Regards,
Ankit Patel