Fedora 10 Tagline

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 03:58:04 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 05:02:41PM -0800, Larry Cafiero wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Rahul Sundaram
> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>wrote:
>

> > Just a note. The time for suggestions is over. The tag line was already
> > picked and has been translated. What you can do is suggest this for Fedora
> > 11 or another release when the discussion comes up.
>

> Hey, Rahul --
>
> Not making suggestions, just pointing out some hurdles that I hope marketing
> is ready to successfully overcome.
>
> Meanwhile, it looks like we've got the stoner Linux user market nailed on
> the Central California Coast. :-)
>
> Fire it up.

Heh, this was not on my mind when I thought of the wording, but
whatever floats people's boats....

Your point about translation is excellent.  For non-English speakers,
the meaning of "Fire it up" as intended is similar to "start the
engines," and in this case the engine is a nuclear furnace of software
freedom! :-)  So something that captures that aspect is probably the
right way to go for translation.