KiB, MiB etc

Hi,

The Fedora Documentation has references to the following unit of measurements which are different from the more common Kilo(bit/byte), Mega(bit/byte) etc., depending upon context.

Kib = Kibibit [1]
KiB = Kibibyte
Mib = Mebibit
MiB = Mebibyte

etc.

since this was something new for me, I thought I'd like to pass on the message in case there are more people writing the full forms of these acronyms. Please do note the differing usage of capitalizations.

hth

regards
Runa

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kibibit (links for all the above and others available from this page)
--
blog: http://runab.livejournal.com

irc:
mishti or runa_b on Freenode, Gimpnet, Mozilla, LinuxChix